Merino clothing is now a thing. It provides greater comfort and warmth. So, it is especially great for kids. This article will focus on the amazing features of merino wool kids’ socks.
Merino wool is a natural fiber. It is found from the merino breed of sheep. It was first originated in Spain. Now it is found in many countries all over the world.
Merino Kids Socks
Merino kids socks are socks made from merino wool for kids. Of course, we can understand this from the name. Here are some features of merino kids’ socks:
• Merino wool is a great insulator. So, merino socks will keep your kid’s feet warm in the winter and cool in the summer. In addition, they are less likely to overheat.
• They are lightweight unlike some of the other woolen socks.
• They are naturally non-sweaty.
• Merino can absorb moisture up to 35% of its own weight. It will feel dry even when it is wet.
• They stay warm even when wet. You will not find this feature in cotton or synthetic socks.
• They also dry quickly. This is a great feature to be found in your kid’s socks.
• Merino is naturally anti bacterial. So, it works extremely well to prevent blisters.
• They are also naturally odor-resistant. The anti bacterial property of merino prevents any bacteria from growing. So, they cannot produce odor. You have to love this feature in socks!
• Merino wool attracts less dust particles and stain. It is also proven as hypoallergenic. So, merino kids’ socks are great for sensitive kids.
• They are very soft, comfortable and non-scratchy unlike other woolen socks.
• Merino is tough, durable and strong.
• They are easy to keep clean.
• They are not prone to shrinking.
• They are safe and flame resistant.
• Most of all, they are environment friendly. They will gradually decompose within a few years of disposing.
You should wash merino wool socks with great care. It is best to wash them with hands. Merino is stronger than other wools. Still, washing merino socks repetitively in rough rotation in a machine can ruin them.
Fill up a sink or basin with lukewarm water and add a small amount of detergent. To lessen bubbles, you should add the detergent when the sink or basin is half-full. Immerse the socks in the water and at the same time clean up the dirty portions of the socks with your fingers. Then, make sure that the socks are soap-free. Turn over the socks in a towel and press it gently to soak as much water as possible. Finally, lay them over a smooth plane in a room that is well ventilated.
We hope that, after reading this article you will consider all the necessary points before buying socks for your kid. And, we are sure you will make the right choice by choosing merino wool socks.